Dear Mind Rush,
I'm a glam, hip and happening model-turned-actress. My debut film is a smash hit and has broken all kinds of box office records. My career is going swimmingly....but yeh kambakht ishq!
I have at least two dashing GenNext cricketers vying for my attention. My heart though belongs to the one who is a prince amongst cricketers. My "well wishers" tell me I ought to dump him because he is all flash and no fire and his bad attitude and inability to deliver in the ultimate test (cricket) make him unreliable and unworthy of me. I'm torn. What should I do?
Dear D(eeply) P(uzzled),
I won't make any tired jokes like "the maiden being bowled over ..". However it seems like Y(our) S(unshine) cricketer is seeing some cloudy days while you are floating on the clouds of success.
Forget the well-wishers. What is it that you want? A fun time in a far off land with a player? Or true Ishq in the genre of QSQT?? (Wait, that's a bad question. You were only a molecule of air on a badminton racquet when Aamir made his debut.)
Since this column be the "food of love" (to misquote the Bard) let me pass along an OSO (oh-so-obvious) lesson on the recipe of an LTR.
Is your love interest a keeper? Does he get you? Does he listen to you with his eyes and ears and heart? Is this the guy who will love you when you have wrinkles, cellulite and fewer teeth? Are you head-over-heels in love and feel the same way about him?
If so, stay. True love is as rare and precious a creation as high quality, single origin 72% dark chocolate.
If on the other hand you adore his cricket scores more than him, then stay too. Just keep it fun, light-hearted but honest. Don't string him along, and NEVER neglect your career to indulge in feelings of being love lorn.
Also, eat your vegetables and wash behind your ears, young lady.
I look forward to your next romantic blockbuster!
Disclaimer: Please don't mistake this for professional advice. We're just playing around
- P(lump) C(hick) has a problem
- Mom cleans room, pisses off incognito
- SkD confesses her room looks like a tabela
- anu g says: give Mom a break
- Not when I can't find anything replies incognito
- Joules learns the clean room lesson early in life
- Who is PC's HB asks girlie girl
- This guy here
- Priti sympathizes with incognito and is being pestered by Himesh
- meena hates everyone enjoying warm weather right now
- A special award from headmistress for everyone on the Drift
- Bella is enjoying the warm weather in South Africa
- While girlie girl gets ready for more snow
- anu g reports that Shava Shava is over
- Already? says Saritha who enjoyed Sarabhai vs Sarabhai