At one point Karthik gets asked: Who should get the title for the most unoriginal music director in Bollywood? And Karthik responds...
Despite the fact that I love many of their songs, I’d hand that title to Nadeem Shravan. This is more for their loud and aggressive sound bytes to media about how talented they are. Pritam, in reality deserves that title more than Nadeem Shravan, but he has learnt to live with the tag and even goes on to say that he’s a better music arranger than a composer. He tries to credit sources (only Indian) but I think is hampered by producers’ budget constraints to pay royalty or music labels ignoring his pleas to credit sources.
What? No Bappi Lahiri? I demand attention be paid to my phavoreet!
On the other hand, Karthik has been helping me build a Bollywood Music Power List (an idea that germinated from a sidekick comment on the Bollywood Power List post).
And I'm going around with my begging bowl for ideas again. Anyone like to help by naming some people who are powerful in the music industry? I think we'll also eventually do one just for singers - but for now we'll focus on who calls the shots in the music world.
- bappida shows up and he's hurt!
- anu g trusts AR Rahman will show up high on the list
- Amrita has a bunch of names for the power list
- m brings up one crazy awards show on SET MAX and names Rahman, VS, SEL and S-S
- meena notes that Prasoon Joshi has been writing cool lyrics lately
- Joules wonders why Aadesh Srivastava fell from grace
- ~mad munky~ watched the awards show and Bappi breaking into song
- Amrita makes a case for including lyricists
- Bitterlemons' power list
- And Sidekick's
- anu g makes a case for Gajji
- Spruha sees Sunidhi and Shreya on the list