Why? Well, Dad's name was Jimmy and for no good reason, various kids would tease me by singing that song in my presence. And because it applied to Dad and not me, I would feel my cheeks burn.
Now I understand the whole homage thing, but here is Mithun's son - the curiously named Mimoh - prancing around in a song called Why Not Jimmy? Well there are a zillion reasons why not, but it must be said I'm developing a huge fondness for Mimoh - or as I like to call him Chhota Mithun.
Here are my reasons:
- He looks like garibon ka Bobby Deol (thanks to Pitu for that terminology)
- He dances like there is no tomorrow and seems to be developing some kind of kho-kho/club dance fusion
- He does a Mika-like hair flip move
- His first movie has songs composed by Bappi Lahiri
- Mithun left a huge void that no big cheesy has been able to fill but now there is hope
- Clearly, he is a method actor: "It is for the film that I have this look for which I have grown long hair as I play a DJ in it"
Here is wishing Mimoh luck. Entertain us, I command you!
- Pitu has a song for Mimoh and another equation
- Ricky Martin + Fabio says Payal
- Bitterlemons recalls how Jimmy Aaja was a huge hit in China
- Joules reveals Mimoh's real name and talks about Mithun's popularity in Russia
- Like father like son, says girlie girl
- Why not Mimoh? Mind Rush tells us why not. And digs into creative Sikh nicknames
- Joules remembers a male friend called Dimple
- Bitterlemons checks up on Mithun-mania in China
- Pitu reveals the inspiration behind Mimoh's name
- meena shudders at her name being abused in songs
- megan has some hilarious Sikh nicknames