Mimoh has curious hair to say the least. On one side he gels his hair into a solid wall. On the other side he lets it hang loose - often it resembles a rug that's been inserted into a horribly wrong laundry cycle (not that I've ever done anything like that). Under the right kind of lighting, it makes him look like a bottle blond.
It's just one of the many fascinating things that held me engrossed through the first half of the movie. Jimmy is so bad, it takes you a while to get used to it. In the first act I wasn't quite sure if the entire project had been devised as a clever nod to Mithun's anya B-flicks or if actual adults had made it.
In any case, in the second half - having assured myself that this was the closest I could get to Manmohan Desai nostalgia, I had a positively better time. I was even able to enjoy the many odd, loopy and inexplicable things in the movie like a helicopter that seems to disappear into water.
The best of all of this is a Rambo-inspired sequence where Mimoh dons a black headband and lays waste to a bunch of hapless policemen on an abandoned set. (This showdown having been forced after a breathless chase in which the police catch up with Mimoh and his girl who have both been unfairly weighed down by their individual bouncing chests)
Yet I couldn't help but get caught up in the infectious enthusiasm of a guy trying hard to believe he's a star in a cool film. Mimoh's dance sequences - which reminded me of graceful water buffalo stranded in the Kalahari - were an absolute pleasure to watch.
Finally, please watch this movie only after about four shots of tequila (and four more close by).
Trust me on this.
- anu g's favorite? Terrified Mimoh!
- Mimoh's hair talks to Mind Rush (and tells all)
- Pitu wants to know what Mimoh's career should be
- Olga Abramova loves Mimoh and is pissed
- So is Svetlana Obushenkova who wonders what kind of a name Aspi is
- Mind Rush has alternate professions for Mimoh
- girlie girl votes for carpet cleaner
- Coy Mimoh reminds Pitu of Chucky
- maxdavinci chronicles Mimoh's unique struggle
- Amrita links to one hilarious Govinda promo
- Animesh Raj believes this movie needs guts to sit through
- Khuddaar Mimoh gives new meaning to 'stiff upper lip' says leera
- Teddy describes the Mimoh cocktail
- girlie girl discovers Mithun's real son
- Who is responsible for this debacle? asks Mind Rush
- Read all about it
- leera on the madari brand of Mithun's real son
- Olga Abramova is hurtyful
- Mithun Jorgensen describes how Mithun gave him life
- Hiroko Fujishima is thankful for Mimoh
- Mimoh is the next Raj Kapoor says Kanan
- This happens when actor bachchas look like their mommy says Tania
- AkD is now MkD
- m isn't too impressed with Imran
- igor baryshnikov's life sucks thanks to Mimoh
- lovelorn igor writes a heart breaking poem
- girlie girl is certain Imran's mojo comes only from Aamir
- Of the star sons, only Hrithik might have made it without connections says Pitu