I say this with the utmost fondness - Sukhwinder is a prodigiously talented goofball. Most of the times I see him his hair is either standing up like in a 21 gun salute or it flops around his head in a tapeli-cut. He's always up for a laugh - and when he speaks the tiniest voice comes out of him, it makes Bappi's voice sound like the equivalent of Charles Bronson. But give him the mike and ask him to sing and clearly he is powered by a nuclear reactor.
Sukhwinder sang some ghasaa pita songs through the evening, but such is his ability to have fun with a song that it didn't seem to matter. Right after his first performance, he hailed Vishal and Shekhar as pioneers of mixing Techno with Melody. Later towards the end, he called Mandira Bedi on stage, did a Punjabi tease-item and serenaded her like a snake. This is the closest you can get to hog heaven if you are a Sukhwinder fan.
But on to the finale: this is just my opinion but JJWS did give us a deserving winner in Rahul Vaidya. He was easily the most consistent and entertaining performer of the show - and towards the end he even showed a new found ability to do the achha insaan bit.
Back to my skip button - which saved me from from the silly comedy and sillier games - boy, that finale went by quickly and had only good moments in it. First, Sonu Nigam walked in and pooh-poohed all the chaat he got from anya people. Whenever he opens his mouth to sing you realize what a tremendous talent we are all enjoying this generation.
Shahid Kapur and Vidya Balan both shilled for their romance Kismet Konnection. (I noted in one of the previews Vidya in a huff calls Shahid a Male Chauvinist Pig - how cute, funny and fresh!) On JJWS, both displayed an inter-personal chemistry resembling that between an avocado and rice noodles.
Finally, some public service messages:
I wish Shahid Kapur luck in the new auto mechanic role he will play soon - not that its been announced but his new look makes it pretty clear.
Amdavad saying Ellisbridge Pool - in other words, its redundant.
Vidya, bow on butt: No.
Thanks to anu g and Sidekick who recommended that I watch JJWS way back in April.
- Megan on the yawnfest,sonu, Sumitra's hips, Shahid, Vidya and Bips
- Sukhwinder speaking reminds anu g of a certain rodent
- A proposal for megan - from Lil Mo
- Back to karaoke for the competitors says Over Rated
- Rambunctious Whippersnapper has some drink options for Harshit
- That Bips segment was odd says j
- Pitu links to the reason Bipasha and Shahid couldn't be together
- What's with Sonu and indie music asks Tina
- Pitu and j recollect Mandy's tremendous dance
- Lil Mo pines for Megan, sings a song, sings another, and another
- Teddy is prompted to write the Drift Lau Story 2050
- Lil Mo sings again
- meena is amused by the scintillating human drama
- Mind Rush overhears a conversation at the megania mansion
- Hritu R shows up
- svr made notes during Rahul's performances
- Pitu reveals the origins of the Shahid-Kareena-John-Bipasha jhagda
- Lil Mo threatens Hritu R